Petroleum companies exam for geology graduates
here is a collection of Geology Company exam
1. Write the geologic column.
2. What is the difference between:
· Limestone, dolomite and anhydrite.
· Shale and sandstone.
3. Nubia S. St. or Nubian S. St., why?
· Continental or marine?
· What is the age?
· Does it contain fossils?
4. What are types of faults?
5. What are types of traps?
6. Write the geological column and formations for the Gulf of Suez.
· Write the main traps in this sections.
7. Write the geological column and formations for the Western desert.
8. Indicate whether the following increase (I), decrease (D) or remain the same
(S) with increasing depth in normally compacted shales:
· Seismic velocity.
· Sonic transit time.
· Electrical resistivity.
· Matrix stress gradient.
· Compressive strength.
9. Porosity of shales for a geologic environment which is characterized by
continuous, uninterrupted deposition and normal pore pressure:
A. Increases linearly with increasing depth.
B. Decreases linearly with increasing depth.
C. Decreases basically exponentially with increasing depth.
D. Exhibits an inversely proportional behavior to density.
E. A and D above.
F. C and D above.
10. The diagenesis of montmorillonite to illite and mixed-layer clays:
A. Requires only particular conditions of temperature.
B. Occurs only at depths normally exceeding 5000 ft.
C. Occurs only after most free pore water has been expelled.
D. Requires particular conditions of temperature and (somewhat)
pressure and the availability of potassium ions.
E. May occur at relatively shallow depths.
F. B, C and D above.
G. D and E above.
11. During compaction, particularly shales, free pore water is expelled:
A. Towards the depositional surface.
B. In any direction including downwards.
C. In a linear fasion.
D. In several stages.
E. A and D.
F. B and C.
1. What can you do if an instrument is suddenly shut down?
A. Check fuse.
B. Check the resistors,
C. Check the capacitors.
2. Write the Ohm’s Law.
3. To measure the resistance of a resistor fixed in the printed circuit board:
A. Disconnect both legs.
B. Disconnect one leg.
C. Measure direct.
4. To measure the voltage drop on the resistor, connect AVO meter:
A. In series with the resistor.
B. In parallel with the resistor.
C. Connect one leg with the resistor and the other with ground.
5. To be sure that the capacitor is OK using the Ohm meter, the reading should
6. – 10 :